Blog template from hot bligity blog 2/7/12

Monday, January 30, 2012

Penny's Bows

I took Penny and Ratchet to Petsmart today just to get out of the house.  We walked around for a bit and visited with several other customers; mostly people that stopped me wanting to know what kind of dog Ratchet was and to pet him.  The place was pretty dead so after about 20 minutes we had talked to everyone in the store.  I have always thought it was cute when people put bows on their dogs ears and wanted to see if I could do that to Penny.  The fur on her head is pretty short so I was skeptical but we went for it anyway.  The lady at the Petsmart grooming shop thought Penny was "so pretty" and gave me the bows for free.  Here is the end result!     
I was surprised that Penny didn't scratch them out immediately but she just sat there like a good girl.  I took her picture immediately because I knew my fortune would be short lived.  She didn't even seem to notice them and napped in the car on the way home.  I opened the door to let her and Ratchet in the house and told her to, "go show daddy how pretty you are!" and she bee lined to the living room to where Brett was sitting and put her paws in his lap.  He fussed over her and told her how cute she was and then she promptly hopped down and scratched one of the bows out.  The other one only lasted as long as it took her to go outside and probably eat it. 

1 comment: